We would like to welcome you to our blog "The Traveling Tic" documenting our journey as Mother and Son promoting Tourette Syndrome Awareness. Most of the postings (dating back to January of 2011) follow Kenny's travels across the State of Washington as a Youth Ambassador and Support Group Leader with the Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA).
Currently Kenny is working on his Eagle
Scout Project which will focus on educating teachers, school district
administrators, school board members, professionals, parents and
students on I.E.P.s (Individual Education Plans) and Tourette Syndrome
Awareness. Basically, Kenny is organizing a training/workshop for local
school districts to accomplish this goal. He will be one of the
presenters as well. I will post more on this exciting event in the
We pray that this Blog will both educate
and inspire you! Most importantly, we hope to offer important
information, resources, encouragement, and finally hope for others
dealing with the diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome or any other co-morbid
conditions that often accompany this diagnosis. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been blessed! Enjoy!
Carla and Kenny Richards
WA & OR TSA Support Group Leaders
TSA Youth Ambassador Team
- Welcome To Our Blog!
- About Us
- Our Tourette Syndrome Story
- Contact Kenny Richards ( WA/OR TSA Youth Ambassador) & Carla Richards (Mrs. Washington 2010) to Speak at your School or Club!
- South Sound/Pierce County Tourette Syndrome/Autism Support Group
- IN THE NEWS! - Articles Featuring Kenny!
- Check Out Kenny's "Traveling Tic" Televised Documentary Commercial!
- Kenny's Eagle Scout Project: Understanding Tourette Syndrome & Individual Education Programs